Last Revised: April 2020
This privacy notice describes how Yellowmark™ collect(s), share(s), and process(es) the personal information through www.yellowmark.com; this notice is consistent with Caterpillar’s Global Data Privacy Statement and provides additional details relevant to this website. Caterpillar’s Global Data Privacy Statement, which should be read with, and treated as part of this notice, is available at http://www.caterpillar.com/dataprivacy.
What personal information does yellowmark.com collect and process, and why?
User-Provided & Collected Information
1. Informational & Authenticated Websites
Yellowmark.com is an interactive website that provides information and offers for Caterpillar Inc. (“Caterpillar”) products and services. We collect information about your computer, your use of our website, and may collect or receive user provided personal information as you interact with us in order to optimize your user experience or address your request. Examples of how your information may be used (but not limited to) include the delivery of marketing communications or promotional materials, improvements to the website, products, and services we provide, and detecting, preventing, and responding to misuse of the website (ie. fraud, violation of law, etc.).
Personal information is any information about a specific individual or that identifies or may identify a specific individual. Some additional information we may collect includes contact and relationship or role.
• Contact information allows us to interact and communicate with you.
• Relationship or role information helps us understand who you are and what you are seeking to properly fulfill your request.
We may share personal information with our affiliated companies, suppliers, dealers, and business partners which may use it for the purposes listed above.
Users are advised that information provided may be cross referenced with other information you have provided to us. For example, if you provide your contact information, we may be able to provide additional information on products you own and services you use.
www.yellowmark.com may directly authenticate or connect a user to an authenticated (or logged in) experience based on the user’s digital activity or data inputted by the user. An authenticated experience occurs when a set of log-in credentials are obtained from the users and will allow for additional access and experiences not allotted to non-authenticated users. In these circumstances an anonymous user is not acceptable or allowed. Common authenticated users include Caterpillar and Dealer personnel, customers, & affiliates. In an authenticated experience we collect the information discussed in the section above which will now be tied to an authenticated account profile and additional information associated with the account profile. In the event the user provides personal information on behalf of another individual the user should ensure proper consent is obtained from the individual. Examples of how this information may be used (but not limited to) include requesting, accessing, and managing Caterpillar systems, services, or programs.
Some additional personal information we may collect includes personal preferences and authenticated account information.
• Personal Preferences allows us to provide an experience adjusted to the way you prefer to ingest content.
• Authenticated Account Information is an identity profile which is requested or created by the user and collected by Caterpillar to ensure you are an authorized user.
Third Party Integration, Services, and Tracking
We link to third party solutions that enable third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit this Site. These companies use non-personally-identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and information that may allow for identifying you (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements for products likely to be of greater interest to you or advertising-related services, such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. These third parties typically use a cookie, pixel tag, web beacon or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information. For example, in the course of visiting our site, these third parties may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser in order to collect certain information about you and your interest in our Products and could be used to show you ads on other websites based on your interests. This information may also be used to relate devices which belong to the same user (based on user behavior or other information collected) or re-identified to an individual user (e.g. an email address). More information on these is available in our Cookie Disclosure. This includes:
• Microsoft’s Bing Ads - Bing Ads collect user information (including personally identifiable information) from Microsoft online properties, apps and other technologies like tags, pixels or unique tracking codes (“Bing Ads User Data”). Microsoft uses Bing Ads User Data for purposes of delivering Bing Ads including, where applicable, retargeting and conversions. Microsoft uses Bing Ads User Data for its own purposes, including to improve its services. To learn more about how Microsoft collects, uses and processes personally identifiable information, including information on how to control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from Microsoft, please see its Privacy Statements at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
• Facebook Ads – Facebook collects user information (including personally identifiable information) from Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and other products and features offered by Facebook apps and other technologies like tags, pixels or unique tracking codes (“Facebook User Data”). Facebook uses Facebook User Data for purposes of delivering Facebook Ads including, where applicable, retargeting and conversions. Facebook uses Facebook User Data for its own purposes, including to improve its services. To learn more about how Facebooks collects, uses and processes information and how you can manage or delete information about you please see its Data Policy at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
• Google’s Google Analytics - Google Analytics is a third party analytics service. We use Google Analytics to collect information about the use of this Site. Google Analytics collects information on visitor behavior on this Site such as how often users visit this Site, what pages they view when they do so, and what other websites they used prior to coming to this Site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze user behavior, improve Site performance, personalize the user experience, and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. Google Analytics anonymizes the IP address before it is stored. We do not receive the non-anonymized IP address. We may combine the Google Analytics data with first and third-party data information which may include personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. To learn more about how Google collects and uses data, visit https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners. For opt-out options specific to Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As users explore Yellowmark.com they may encounter linkages to other Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar websites. Users are advised that as links are selected they may encounter different features and experiences that may have different privacy notices and processes not associated with Yellowmark.
Where can I obtain further information about Yellowmark.com and its privacy practices?
Caterpillar Corporate Contact Center
501 Southwest Jefferson Avenue
Peoria, Illinois 61630
For additional information about Caterpillar’s privacy practices, including corporate contact information, please see the Global Privacy Statement at http://www.caterpillar.com/dataprivacy.
What happens if this privacy notice changes?
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice. If we update or change this privacy notice, the changes will be made on this page. Your use of the Website following the posting of changes to this privacy notice will demonstrate your acceptance of those changes.